Joining the AVAA
AVAA Certified Practising Auctioneers & AVAA Certified Practising Valuers
The AVAA is the Leading National Body of Auctioneers & Valuers of Goods, Chattels, Plant and Equipment, Fine Arts and Antiques.
AVAA members have been instrumental in establishing and maintaining the high level of professionalism found in the industry in Australia.
AVAA Members are recognised by Corporate and Regional Australian Companies and businesses and the three tiers of Government, Commonwealth, State and Local.
The AVAA is an industry based, self-governing body and membership is voluntary.
Membership is open to:
- Auctioneers of goods, chattels, plant and equipment, fine art and antiques
- Valuers of goods, chattels, plant and equipment, fine art and antiques
- Corporations in the auctioneering and valuation industries
- Individuals working for auction and/or valuation businesses or within associated industries
Please refer to Membership Categories page for further information.
For all members there is an initial, one-off entrance fee payable on approval of membership to the Association, and an annual subscription fee for each year (payable pro-rata for the first year). Fees cover the calendar year from 1 January to 31 December and membership is renewed subject to payment of fees, evidence of Professional Indemnity insurance (except for Associate Members) and provision of Trust Account audit certificate for Auctioneer members.
Annual membership subscription fees (2019):
- Corporate Member - please contact AVAA for rates
- Certified Practicing Auctioneer Member $550 + GST
- Certified Practicing Valuer Member $550 + GST
- Certified Practicing Auctioneer/Valuer $750 + GST
- Associate Member $370 + GST
- Entrance Fee $375 + GST
Please note: Applications for Valuer Membership must include copies of two recent valuations (these may be de-identified to protect commercially sensitive information).